In my third post of “Five Testing Questions with” I have the honor of interviewing Lisa Crispin, co-author of “Agile Testing”, agile testing coach and practitioner. I think Lisa’s answers provide very concrete advice and insightful views on how to improve your work as a professional tester, regardless if you are working on an agile environment or on a more waterfall-like approach.
Agile Testing is not really a methodology but an approach to managing the process and the approach of your testing team. As such, you can use it regardless of, or even in accordance with, any methodology used by your company to manage their overall project. Read this post to understand why every tester should actually be an Agile Tester!
In addition to all my other tasks in PractiTest, I am a tester working and consulting on a number of Agile projects. In total I’ve been in testing for over 15 years and doing agile testing for close to 5 years. Here’s a fact some people tend to overlook, just like any other profession, to become [...]
Ever wondered if you can actually test less and perform other operations that will help your product achieve higher levels of quality in production?
Maybe this is what we should aim for when we define our job as QA (Quality Assurance) Engineers and not as Testers…
“It’s not only about what you have in your metrics, it’s also about what you leave outside of them.” This is the principle I tried to communicate to an organization I was working with lately.
A short post about the importance of defining your metrics correctly and communicating what you want to achieve and what you are willing to pay for it, up-front and clearly.
Is there such a thing as Agile Testing? I’m not sure there is…
You don’t need to work on an agile team to work and test based on an Agile Thinking mindset.
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 2 December 5, 2011
- Why can’t developers be good testers? May 5, 2010
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! December 19, 2011
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 1 November 28, 2011
- Manual and automated tests together are challenging May 16, 2011
- Is friendship ruining your testing career??? June 17, 2013
- You need to schedule tasks to “waste time” as part of your regular work! June 9, 2013
- Five Testing Questions with Scott Barber April 18, 2013
- Spring cleaning your testware March 25, 2013
- Five Testing Questions with Lisa Crispin February 5, 2013
- Guest Post: 3 Reasons Why You’re Not Advancing in Your Testing Career | Software Testing Blog: [...] a QA Blog post I published in the past calle...
- Guest Post: 3 Reasons Why You’re Not Advancing in Your Testing Career | Software Testing Blog: [...] blame them either, since these skills are in...
- Query on Test Case Designing: [...] sets. I wrote about some of my rules of thum...
- joelmonte: EDITOR'S NOTE: I just took out a comment that t...
- IAmATester: Interesting. Lisa Crispin is a complete and utter ...