Times are tough, but in some cases this helps to bring out the best in some people. Like a colleague here in Israel, Guy Arieli from AQUA, who came up with an idea to help Test Engineers looking for a Job who want to expand their theoretical knowledge in Testing and QA. He organized a […]
I was introduced to the acronym MBWA (Management by Walking Around) by a colleague who “explained to me” that this is what I did with my teams. Silly me, I thought that this was called “management”… but I guess I was wrong :o) In any case, I noticed lately that just as there are Managers […]
This is one of the most charged discussions I’ve been in, and what makes it more annoying is the fact that it usually takes a political taste in many Organizations. In any case, I think I managed to understand the confusion and find my answer… I was at SIGiST meeting this week in Tel Aviv, […]
I just finished reading a book that EVERYONE who has anything to do with the software development process needs to read ASAP (and I mean, before you write your next line of code or perform your next tests). The name of the book is Why Software SUCKS… and what you can do about it by […]
A friend called me yesterday asking for help. He could not find the exact scenario for a critical bug he was trying to report. We sat and after the third reproduction I started seeing a pattern, within 5 minutes of playing together with the bug we got to the exact reproduction scenario. This is an […]
Going into the subject of Test Project Strategy and more specifically around MTPs there are 2 points where we are not always sure what to do and what are our responsibilities as testers and test managers: Product Risks & Project Risks The first step is to understand these are 2 different entities: Product Risks are […]
Search QA Intelligence
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 2 December 5, 2011
- Why can’t developers be good testers? May 5, 2010
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! December 19, 2011
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 1 November 28, 2011
- Switching to Agile Testing, not as simple as changing your t-shirt September 28, 2011
- Impressions from QA&TEST 2014 November 6, 2014
- What’s your testing approach? October 29, 2014
- Don’t write a single test! Until you know how to do it October 13, 2014
- Do you talk the talk? September 30, 2014
- What you measure will improve September 15, 2014
- Utilifit FIX: For all QA Interview Questions please visit: www.q...
- Simon: Hi Joel. can you please share some information a...
- mobile pundits: I am waiting for next conference, when will next c...
- joelmonte: Agreed! You need to look at the system and your ...
- joelmonte: Echo that Ory, specially the part about regularly ...