I was introduced to the acronym MBWA (Management by Walking Around) by a colleague who “explained to me” that this is what I did with my teams. Silly me, I thought that this was called “management”… but I guess I was wrong :o) In any case, I noticed lately that just as there are Managers […]
This is one of the most charged discussions I’ve been in, and what makes it more annoying is the fact that it usually takes a political taste in many Organizations. In any case, I think I managed to understand the confusion and find my answer… I was at SIGiST meeting this week in Tel Aviv, […]
I just finished reading a book that EVERYONE who has anything to do with the software development process needs to read ASAP (and I mean, before you write your next line of code or perform your next tests). The name of the book is Why Software SUCKS… and what you can do about it by […]
A friend called me yesterday asking for help. He could not find the exact scenario for a critical bug he was trying to report. We sat and after the third reproduction I started seeing a pattern, within 5 minutes of playing together with the bug we got to the exact reproduction scenario. This is an […]
Going into the subject of Test Project Strategy and more specifically around MTPs there are 2 points where we are not always sure what to do and what are our responsibilities as testers and test managers: Product Risks & Project Risks The first step is to understand these are 2 different entities: Product Risks are […]
I was asked to give a short presentation to a Testing Training Class about the attributes required from a Professional Tester in today’s environment. After carefully reviewing the issue and talking with a couple of colleagues I reached the (un-surprising) conclusion that today we look for 2 separate types of attributes in a tester: Soft-Skills […]
Search QA Intelligence
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 2 December 5, 2011
- Why can’t developers be good testers? May 5, 2010
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! December 19, 2011
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 1 November 28, 2011
- Switching to Agile Testing, not as simple as changing your t-shirt September 28, 2011
- What you measure will improve September 15, 2014
- Nothing like a fresh start September 4, 2014
- The State of Testing Survey 2013: Recent developments July 16, 2014
- Trends and Challenges in the Testing Community June 8, 2014
- Are we all Accidental Testers? May 28, 2014
- Ory Zaidenvorm: Great post, thanks! Definitely hitting the Share b...
- joelmonte: I like this approach and I think that it is a good...
- Daniel: I have been a programmer for over 20 years. I agr...
- Testing Bits – 7/13/14 – 7/19/14 | Testing Curator Blog: […] State of Software Testing 2013- Webinar ...
- The State of Testing Survey 2013: Recent developments | QA Intelligence - a QABlog: […] State of Testing Survey 2013 […]...