Last week I wrote about the Project Guy Ariely from AQUA was organizing, where people from the Testing Community in Israel donated their time and experience, and gave short presentations (90 min to 3 hours) about various topics related to Testing and QA. I presented a session about QA Management Systems, and based on the […]
Times are tough, but in some cases this helps to bring out the best in some people. Like a colleague here in Israel, Guy Arieli from AQUA, who came up with an idea to help Test Engineers looking for a Job who want to expand their theoretical knowledge in Testing and QA. He organized a […]
I was introduced to the acronym MBWA (Management by Walking Around) by a colleague who “explained to me” that this is what I did with my teams. Silly me, I thought that this was called “management”… but I guess I was wrong :o) In any case, I noticed lately that just as there are Managers […]
This is one of the most charged discussions I’ve been in, and what makes it more annoying is the fact that it usually takes a political taste in many Organizations. In any case, I think I managed to understand the confusion and find my answer… I was at SIGiST meeting this week in Tel Aviv, […]
I just finished reading a book that EVERYONE who has anything to do with the software development process needs to read ASAP (and I mean, before you write your next line of code or perform your next tests). The name of the book is Why Software SUCKS… and what you can do about it by […]
A friend called me yesterday asking for help. He could not find the exact scenario for a critical bug he was trying to report. We sat and after the third reproduction I started seeing a pattern, within 5 minutes of playing together with the bug we got to the exact reproduction scenario. This is an […]
Search QA Intelligence
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 2 December 5, 2011
- Why can’t developers be good testers? May 5, 2010
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! December 19, 2011
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 1 November 28, 2011
- Switching to Agile Testing, not as simple as changing your t-shirt September 28, 2011
- Letter to a starting tester February 23, 2015
- What do you wish for when you reach 1,000 subscribers? February 2, 2015
- State of Testing Survey is now live! January 22, 2015
- A trend is better than a snapshot, right? January 15, 2015
- Best practices you can learn from watching Big Bang Theory January 14, 2015
- Kobi Halperin: Thanks Joel for yet another interesting article, I...
- joelmonte: You'd be surprised how many people share (more or...
- joelmonte: Thanks John! I think that one of the challenge her...
- John Cartlon: Beginners always need right mentoring to carve the...
- Mirjana Kolarov: "There are other testers out there that you can t...