This is one of the most charged discussions I’ve been in, and what makes it more annoying is the fact that it usually takes a political taste in many Organizations. In any case, I think I managed to understand the confusion and find my answer… I was at SIGiST meeting this week in Tel Aviv, [...]
I just finished reading a book that EVERYONE who has anything to do with the software development process needs to read ASAP (and I mean, before you write your next line of code or perform your next tests). The name of the book is Why Software SUCKS… and what you can do about it by [...]
A friend called me yesterday asking for help. He could not find the exact scenario for a critical bug he was trying to report. We sat and after the third reproduction I started seeing a pattern, within 5 minutes of playing together with the bug we got to the exact reproduction scenario. This is an [...]
Going into the subject of Test Project Strategy and more specifically around MTPs there are 2 points where we are not always sure what to do and what are our responsibilities as testers and test managers: Product Risks & Project Risks The first step is to understand these are 2 different entities: Product Risks are [...]
I was asked to give a short presentation to a Testing Training Class about the attributes required from a Professional Tester in today’s environment. After carefully reviewing the issue and talking with a couple of colleagues I reached the (un-surprising) conclusion that today we look for 2 separate types of attributes in a tester: Soft-Skills [...]
Almost 20 years ago Boris Beizer stated what became known as the Pesticide Paradox: “Every method you use to prevent or find bugs leaves a residue of subtler bugs against which those methods are ineffectual.” In plain English this means that as you run your tests multiple times, they stop been effective in catching bugs. [...]
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 2 December 5, 2011
- Why can’t developers be good testers? May 5, 2010
- Stop being a NON-Technical Tester! December 19, 2011
- 10 reasons why You are NOT a Professional Tester! — Part 1 November 28, 2011
- Manual and automated tests together are challenging May 16, 2011
- Is friendship ruining your testing career??? June 17, 2013
- You need to schedule tasks to “waste time” as part of your regular work! June 9, 2013
- Five Testing Questions with Scott Barber April 18, 2013
- Spring cleaning your testware March 25, 2013
- Five Testing Questions with Lisa Crispin February 5, 2013
- joelmonte: Hey Kobi, You are absolutely right, I am not sur...
- Kobi Halperin: Hey Joel, Thanks for another great post, This mi...
- Guest Post: 3 Reasons Why You’re Not Advancing in Your Testing Career | Software Testing Blog: [...] a QA Blog post I published in the past calle...
- Guest Post: 3 Reasons Why You’re Not Advancing in Your Testing Career | Software Testing Blog: [...] blame them either, since these skills are in...
- Query on Test Case Designing: [...] sets. I wrote about some of my rules of thum...